Youth (11-18) 8-Week Beginner Course
Engage Your Child's Passion: From Video Games to Real-Life Swordsmanship
Has your child ever dreamt of wielding a sword, dueling like the heroes from their favourite games and movies?
Unfortunately traditional team sports also aren't for everyone, leaving parents searching for an alternative that holds their interest. I know, because I am that parent. While video games are engaging and entertaining, they often lack the tangible, real-world experiences that foster growth, discipline, and physical well-being.
At West Nova Hist Fence, we've designed a program that bridges the gap between the fantasy and reality. Here, your child will:
- Learn and Practice the historical art of European sword fighting, connecting with a rich tapestry of history and martial tradition.
- Develop Physical Skills in a setting that values individual progress and mastery, tailored to those who might not gravitate toward team sports.
- Foster Mental Growth, emphasizing respect, discipline, and critical thinking – things they will use for a lifetime.
Features and Benefits:
- Engaging Curriculum: Lessons are crafted to captivate the interests of young learners, intertwining history, fantasy, and martial artists.
- Safe Environment: Safety is our utmost priority. We provide top-notch equipment and ensure that every duel and practice session is conducted under strict supervision.
- Inclusive Community: Our school promotes inclusivity, welcoming kids from all backgrounds, regardless of gender, experience, or physical ability.
- Skilled Instructors: Our team consists of professionals passionate about nurturing the next generation of historical fencers.
- Physical Fitness: While the traditional sports might not appeal to them, Historical Fencing provides an active alternative, ensuring they stay fit while doing something they love.
Bring fantasy to life and offer your child an adventure that extends beyond the screen. Join West Nova Historical Fencing today!
- My son loves this class! Andrew is very knowledgeable, and passionate about the sport. He and Dave are great teachers - you can tell that they are having just as much fun as the kids in the class. If you’re looking for something to get you moving that is fun and challenging, this could very well be it! - Rebecca
- If your kids aren't interested in sports, why not try something a little different for an activity? Andrew and Dave are patient and helpful with the kids, and the kids really enjoy swinging swords around (even if they might not have much patience for the learning part like mine). - Marc
- My son has always loved play-fighting, and has had a long-time dream to learn to fight with light sabers. This class fulfilled that dream and more! He has greatly enjoyed all of the various themes and styles of fighting. It has given him the opportunity and motivation to exercise while having fun and also to learn a bit about different historical periods and fighting styles. And Andrew is incredibly helpful and accommodating. I highly recommend this program! - Courtney
Duration: 8 weeks
Frequency: Once a week
Class Time: 6:30pm - 7:15pm
Start Date: 18 March 2024
Location: Kingston Elementary
Address: 630 Pine Ridge Ave, Kingston NS
Port Williams Classes
Duration: 8 weeks
Frequency: Once a week
1:30pm - 2:15pm Saturdays
20 March 2024
23 March 2024
Location: Port Williams Elementary School
Address: 1261 Belcher St, Port Williams, NS
Attend the First Class: Step into our world and see if historical fencing resonates with you.
Change Your Mind? No Problem! If it's not their cup of tea, simply let us know before the date of the second class.
Get a Full Refund: No questions asked, no hidden fees. We'll process your 100% refund swiftly within a few business days.
Sports Clothes (no jeans)
Water Bottle (you'll get sweaty)
Rigid Groin Protection/Athletic Cup (all genders)
Head Instructor: Andrew Newton (He/Him)
From transforming sticks and paper tubes into imaginary swords inspired by movies like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Robin Hood, Andrew Newton's passion for swordplay started young. Since 2015, Andrew has been deeply immersed in the world of Historical Fencing. Committed to honing his craft, he frequently travels to train under seasoned instructors.
Feel free to reach out to Andrew at 902-765-0946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginner classes are capped at 10 students, and only start twice a year. Don't miss your chance!